Employment and skills
Employment legislation reviews
- Forced Labour Protocol
- Holidays Act Review
- Extending paid parental leave
- Equal Pay Amendment Bill
- Law change for Easter Sunday shop trading
- Employment Standards Legislation Act
- Proposed Accident Compensation Appeal Tribunal
- Accident compensation dispute resolution review
- Increasing regulated ACC payments for treatment
- Employment Relations Amendment Act
- Minimum wage reviews
- Workplace relations in the screen sector
- Fair Pay Agreements
- Sex work in New Zealand
- Members of Parliament pay freeze and review
- Employment legislation reviews
Fair Pay Agreements
The Government formed a Fair Pay Agreement Working Group to provide recommendations on the design of a sector-level bargaining system, in order to establish minimum terms and conditions for all workers in an industry or occupation.
Fair Pay Agreement Working Group
The Fair Pay Agreement Working Group was set up in June 2018 to make recommendations on the design of a sector-level bargaining system. It was chaired by Rt Hon Jim Bolger ONZ.
The Working Group looked at:
- the criteria and process to initiate bargaining on a Fair Pay Agreement
- how bargaining participants will be identified and selected
- what Fair Pay Agreements should cover in terms of scope
- bargaining rules and dispute resolution processes, and ratification and enforcement of Fair Pay Agreements.
The Working Group provided its recommendations to the Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety in December 2018. The Government is now considering the report.
- Read the Fair Pay Agreement Working Group report. [PDF, 10 MB]
- Read the Minister's media release(external link)