The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is the Government’s lead business-facing agency. Our contribution to improving the well-being of New Zealanders is summarised in our purpose, to grow New Zealand for all.
Everything we do at MBIE is about growing Aotearoa New Zealand for all. We recognise that a strong economy is one in which we use the skills, knowledge and time of our people in conjunction with our natural resources, and financial and physical capital to improve the wellbeing of current and future generations.
We are an incredibly diverse organisation, employing over 4,000 people across a range of roles, and all sharing a commitment to grow New Zealand for all.
We are committed to open government and improving practices around the proactive release and publishing of official information.
- Transparency Statement
- Data sharing
- Published Official Information Act requests
- Make a request for official information
- Release of information
- Lists of Ministerial documents by portfolio
- State Services Commission Inquiry into the use of external security consultants
- Royal Commission of Inquiry into the terrorist attack on Christchurch mosques on 15 March 2019
Our latest news and media releases.
We have a wide range of operational websites that provide information about specific services and subject areas.
This page contains contact details for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).