We focus on improving the well-being of New Zealanders by supporting our economy to become more productive, resilient and sustainable. We use our expertise in funds management, tourism, major events, firm-level investment, SMEs, digital technology impacts and other priority sectors to support the government’s objectives.
The Events Transition Support Payment (ETSP) scheme is designed to provide assurance to organisers of large-scale events, so they can continue organising our much anticipated events over 2022.
The Government has developed a package of support measures to stimulate social, cultural and economic activities in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland over the summer period, and support Auckland families in hardship.
The Economic Plan describes the Government’s vision for a productive, sustainable and inclusive economy. It articulates the key economic shifts we need to make to improve the wellbeing and living standards of all New Zealanders.
- NZ economy moves from volume to value
- People are skilled, adaptable and have access to lifelong learning
- Deeper pools of capital are available
- Strong and revitalised regions
- Enable a step change for Māori and Pacific economies
- Sustainable and affordable energy systems
- Land and resource use
- Transform our housing market
Together, we can tackle climate change in a way that is fair and inclusive.
Ki te kotahi tātou, ka taea tātou te ārai atu i ngā mate āhuarangi i runga i te tōritenga me te kauawhinga. Mā ngāi Māori tonu tātou e ārahi.
The Government has launched a new approach to industry policy, aimed at growing more innovative industries in New Zealand and lifting the productivity, sustainability and inclusivity of our key sectors.
We support the continuing success of New Zealand as a destination for screen activity, including film, television, digital effects and post-production work.
- Review of Government investment in the screen sector
- Increasing value from government investment in the New Zealand Screen Production Grant
- Summary document: Increasing value from government investment in the New Zealand Screen Production Grant
- The benefits of the New Zealand screen industry
- New Zealand Screen Production Grant
- Economic trends in the screen sector
- Information about the New Zealand Screen Sector
Government is investing in regionally focused initiatives to enhance economic development opportunities. Kānoa - Regional Economic Development & Investment Unit (Kānoa - RDU) has been established to support delivery of these commitments. We also have a suite of Regional Economic Activity Tools that present social and economic data on our regions.
The Sectors Reports Series and the New Zealand Sectors Dashboard provides up-to-date information on all the industry sectors that make up the New Zealand economy.
The Government works in partnership with the event sector to support New Zealand’s growing reputation as an attractive destination for major events of global significance.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is pleased to share with you our Long-term Insights Briefing: 'The future of business for Aotearoa New Zealand: An exploration of 2 trends influencing productivity and wellbeing – purpose-led business and use of blockchain technology'. Thank you to everyone who shared their knowledge and insights to inform the development of the Briefing.