New Zealand Space Agency
- About us
- International engagement
- Careers in space
- Our regulatory regime
- New Zealand Space Agency news and activities
- New Zealand is the ideal location for new space
- Permits and licences for space activities
- Space-related opportunities in New Zealand
- NASA internships and New Zealand Space Agency scholarships
New Zealand Space Policy Review consultation
- Foreword from the Minister
- Have your say
- The New Zealand government's role in space policy development
- Supporting New Zealand's values and interests
- Growing an innovative and inclusive space sector
- Protecting and advancing our national security and economic interests
- Regulating to ensure space activities are safe and secure
- Promoting the responsible uses of space internationally
- Modelling sustainable space and Earth environments
- Contact the New Zealand Space Agency
NZSpaceTalk keeps you updated on developments in the sector - including new technologies, what NZ researchers and students are up to, and guest pieces from thought leaders and industry.
On this page
View of the South Island of New Zealand from the International Space Station
In this section
International research projects
In October 2018, MBIE and the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) signed a Letter of Intent at the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) to enable joint research collaboration, focused on space systems, earth observation technologies and applications, transport technologies and energy technologies.
Space sector research, developments and technologies that are transforming the New Zealand and international space sector.
- Air NZ on board with new climate change research
- Aotearoa New Zealand embarks on ambitious new space research
- Space Institute Director concerned over space debris
- University partners with industry to grow space workforce
- New Zealand company designs world-leading space radar structure
- New social enterprise helping to democratise space
- Awarua’s “Dishmaster” explains the importance of satellite ground stations
- University club helps launch students into aerospace careers
- Christchurch meet-ups foster growth in aerospace industry
- Tracking seals from outer space
- Callaghan Innovation – breakthrough research in the manufacture of tiny sensors
- Dawn Aerospace - increasing NZ space flight
- News from a NASA intern
Latest images and videos
See space images and content relevant to New Zealand and our burgeoning space industry.
Cool stuff for schools
Information about space events for students across Aotearoa, competitions, and educational resources.
NASA interns' vlogs
Watch vlogs from New Zealand students on the internship of a lifetime.