We support the Government to deliver an immigration system that functions well within wider labour market, economic, community and security contexts. This includes matching the skills and talents people bring to the skills New Zealand needs, enabling New Zealand’s security, and supporting our international relationships and important trade markets.
From time to time we seek public comment on a specific issue through a formal consultation process.
We are changing the way employers recruit some migrants for temporary work in New Zealand.
Visit the Immigration New Zealand website to read about how we implement the changes to temporary work visas and what the changes mean for you and your business.
We are leading an in-depth policy and operational review to better understand temporary migrant worker exploitation in New Zealand and identify impactful and enduring solutions.
This section contains the most recent editions of our set of ongoing migration monitoring reports.
- Migration trends data explorer
- Migrant Youth Information Project
- Migration Trends report
- Pacific Migrants Trends report
- Regional Migration Trends report
- Immigration New Zealand customer satisfaction survey
- Immigration New Zealand advisers' survey
- Migrant and community experience of migration
- Community Organisation Refugee Sponsorship Category Evaluation
- Welcoming Communities Pilot Programme Evaluation
- Samoan Quota and Pacific Access Category settlement information pilot evaluation
- Three Years On: English and employment outcomes of former refugees
- Global impact visa evaluation reports
We proactively release Cabinet papers and supporting advice on our policy work.