Engage with us on social media
How we use social media
We use social media to share the latest information on our programmes and services, and to enable 2-way conversations and feedback.
Our followers can expect to receive regular updates covering some or all of the following:
- new content on our other digital channels (news, publications, speeches, media releases, campaigns etc)
- information about our products, services and activities
- invitations to provide feedback on specific issues
- other tweets, articles or publications of interest which are relevant to our key messages, objectives, promotions or updates
- information about recruitment.
We may follow/like organisations and individuals that are relevant to our organisation. This does not imply endorsement or guarantee the accuracy of their information.
Posts made by others to our social media channels are the responsibility of that person or organisation. They don't necessarily reflect the opinions or policy of our Ministry.
We welcome feedback and ideas from our followers and will try to join these conversations where possible, however we can't guarantee we will be able to reply individually to every post. If you have an urgent query, please contact us directly.
We cannot enter into any discussion related to politics.
We may choose to retweet, @mention, or post information by other organisations and/or individuals for the interest and information of our followers. However, we do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of this information.
At times people employed by us may engage in forums on LinkedIn and other online channels. Any opinions or views expressed on these forums belong to the individual staff member. Our staff acting in an official capacity will identify themselves along with their position within the organisation, and state that they are representing the Ministry.
We reserve the right to report or remove (as appropriate) any posts or comments that do not comply with the:
- Twitter Terms of Service(external link)
- Twitter Rules(external link)
- Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities(external link)
- Facebook Community Standards(external link)
- YouTube Community Guidelines(external link)
- LinkedIn User Agreement(external link)
or that may affect our neutrality.
In addition, we reserve the right to remove content posted on our pages that:
- is not relevant
- is deemed offensive
- has political bias
- refers to any commercial activity including advertising.
All social media accounts are monitored from 8.30am – 5pm on weekdays and sporadically outside these hours.
Generally, we will only use any personal information that you share or provide for the purposes for which you supplied it for, and we only share your information if it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which you gave it to us. We may however use or share your information for other reasons where it is permitted at law, including under the Privacy Act 1993(external link).
Unless otherwise indicated, the material we make available on our social media accounts is protected by Crown copyright. You can reproduce this Crown copyright material free of charge without further permission, as long as you:
- reproduce the material accurately
- don't use the material in a derogatory manner or a misleading context
- acknowledge the source and copyright status of the material.
Copyright of third parties
Our social media accounts may provide links to other websites or embed material which may contain information that is the copyright of third parties and subject to restrictions on use or reproduction.
You must get permission from the copyright owner to use:
- copyrighted materials from other websites, or
- material on our social media pages that is protected by the copyright of a third party.
We cannot give you this permission.
By submitting, posting or displaying your content on any of our social media accounts, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use that content.
The contents of our social media accounts are intended for informational purposes only. We shall in no event accept any liability for loss or damage suffered by any person or body due to information provided on these sites or linked sites.
The information on our social media sites and all government web sites is provided on the basis that persons accessing the web site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
Engage with us on social media
Join one of our social media channels and take part in the conversation. We have a presence on:
Different parts of our Ministry also have social media accounts that provide information about specific subject areas. Follow us for information and updates.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about our social media engagement.