Marlborough Regional Skills Leadership Group
The Marlborough Regional Skills Leadership Group has been established to identify and support better ways of meeting future skills and workforce needs in the region.
The group is one of 15 Regional Skills Leadership Groups (RSLGs) in New Zealand, set up by the Government to identify and support better ways of meeting future skills and workforce needs in our region.
They are part of a joined-up approach to labour market planning which will see our workforce, education and immigration systems working together to better meet the differing skills needs across the country. The group will provide independent advice which employers and government agencies can act on.
Interim Regional Skills Leadership Groups (iRSLGs) were formed in June 2020, with an immediate focus on Covid-19 impacts of regional workforce and labour market factors, providing valuable insights focused on helping re-employ, redeploy or retrain workers and entrepreneurs who have lost their jobs or closed their businesses.
A permanent, future-focused, group will be established by the end of August 2021 and draw on the work of interim group.
The Regional Skills Leadership Groups (RSLGs) will consist of 12 members, including the co-chairs. Each group has 2 co-chairs; 1 identified through a public Expression of Interest process and the other nominated by local iwi/Māori. Co-Chairs have been appointed by the Minister for Social Development and Employment and a process is now underway to fill the remaining membership of each group.
Membership of the permanent Groups will vary by region but, in general, include:
- business representatives to reflect the views from the ‘demand’ side of the labour market;
- worker representatives, to reflect the ‘supply’ side of the labour market;
- a local government representative, who may be drawn from an Economic Development Agency;
- iwi/Maori representatives;
- community representatives to ensure diversity of experience and perspective around the table;
- and the relevant Regional Public Service Lead will also sit as a Group Member.
Permanent RSLGs will be appointed by the end of August 2021.
Local insights reports
Local insights reports have been produced by the interim RSLG, and are designed to provide a snapshot of the impacts of COVID-19 and identify the challenges and opportunities for the regional labour market. Reports are developed by Marlborough Regional Skills Leadership Group members.
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - June 2021 [PDF 753KB]
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - May 2021 [PDF 698KB]
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - April 2021 [PDF 804KB]
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - March 2021 [PDF 500KB]
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - February 2021 [PDF 1.5MB]
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - November 2020 [PDF 827KB]
- Local insights report: Marlborough interim RSLG - September 2020 [PDF 630KB]
Supplementary information is available from the Marlborough interim Regional Skills Leadership Group on activities in their region.