Funding information and opportunities
Our funding and support programmes aim to build a high-performing science and innovation system that will transform New Zealand into a more diverse, technologically advanced, smart nation.
In this section
We work closely with a number of agencies to promote science and innovation in New Zealand.
We invest in science through contestable funding rounds. This investment supports programmes which build high-performing science and innovation systems.
- Commercialisation Partner Network
- Catalyst Fund
- COVID-19 Innovation Acceleration Fund
- Curious Minds
- Endeavour Fund
- Envirolink Scheme
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Capability Fund
- Extreme weather science response
- He whakawhānui i te pāpātanga o Vision Mātauranga – mahere haumi 2023
- Expanding the Impact of Vision Mātauranga – 2023 investment plan
- MBIE Science Whitinga Fellowship
- National Science Challenges
- PreSeed Accelerator Fund
- Regional Research Institutes Initiative
- Strategic Science Investment Fund
- Who got funded
- Te Tahua Whakakaha o Te Pūnaha Hihiko
- Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund
The Government’s vision for the science system for 2015-2025.
The R&D Tax Incentive helps businesses innovate and contribute to a stronger, more productive economy that benefits all New Zealanders.
We use a range of funding and support programmes to invest the majority of our science and innovation funds. Each programme is supported with comprehensive documentation covering application and assessment details.