Funding information and opportunities
Our funding and support programmes aim to build a high-performing science and innovation system that will transform New Zealand into a more diverse, technologically advanced, smart nation.
In this section
We work closely with a number of agencies to promote science and innovation in New Zealand.
We invest in science through contestable funding rounds. This investment supports programmes which build high-performing science and innovation systems.
- Commercialisation Partner Network
- COVID-19 Innovation Acceleration Fund
- Catalyst Fund
- Endeavour Fund
- Envirolink Scheme
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Capability Fund
- MBIE Science Whitinga Fellowship
- National Science Challenges
- New Zealand in Space Exhibition
- PreSeed Accelerator Fund
- Regional Research Institutes Initiative
- Strategic Science Investment Fund
- Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund
- Te Pūnaha Hiringa: Māori Innovation Fund
- Unlocking Curious Minds contestable fund
- Who got funded
The Government’s vision for the science system for 2015-2025.
A Tax Incentive is now available to businesses conducting eligible research and development in New Zealand.
We use a range of funding and support programmes to invest the majority of our science and innovation funds. Each programme is supported with comprehensive documentation covering application and assessment details.