Science and technology
This section provides information, resources and guidance on our functions which support science and technology.
The science and innovation systems are critical to boosting the number of knowledge-intensive, internationally-connected firms. We are working to lift business expenditure on research and development, improve the benefits to the wider economy from business development assistance, and harness the potential of the digital economy.
Set up in 2016, the New Zealand Space Agency is the lead government agency for space policy, regulation and sector development.
- About us
- National Space Policy
- International engagement
- Careers in space
- Our regulatory regime
- New Zealand Space Agency news and activities
- New Zealand is the ideal location for new space
- Permits and licences for space activities
- Space-related opportunities in New Zealand
- NASA internships and New Zealand Space Agency scholarships
- Contact the New Zealand Space Agency
We work to ensure that telecommunications markets operate efficiently, and the commerce and ICT infrastructure is well developed.