Employment and skills
- Labour market reports, data and analysis
Quarterly labour market report
This quarterly report series combines our labour market monitoring programme with the latest developments in the labour market to provide a summary of New Zealand labour market trends.
About the report
As well as presenting an assessment of the overall state of the labour market, the Quarterly Labour Market Report:
- provides a closer examination of how the workforce is faring at achieving productive, sustainable and inclusive outcomes
- assesses business confidence, skill matching and the ease with which enterprises can find labour
- examines some longer-term trends in the labour market
- includes a Spotlight section with a different focus each quarter
We release this quarterly research report each November, February, May, and August, drawing on the latest data for those periods.
Released December 2019.
August 2019 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 966 KB]
Released September 2019. Republished October 2019.
The HLFS and QES labels were switched in Figure 1 in the original release.
May 2019 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 639 KB]
Released June 2019
March 2019 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 863 KB]
Released April 2019
November 2018 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 1.1 MB]
Released November 2018
August 2018 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 1.3 MB]
Released August 2018