Employment and skills
- Labour market reports, data and analysis
Quarterly labour market report
This quarterly report series combines our labour market monitoring programme with the latest developments in the labour market to provide a summary of New Zealand labour market trends.
About the report
As well as presenting an assessment of the overall state of the labour market, the Quarterly Labour Market Report:
- provides a closer examination of how the workforce is faring at achieving productive, sustainable and inclusive outcomes
- assesses business confidence, skill matching and the ease with which enterprises can find labour
- examines some longer-term trends in the labour market
- includes a Spotlight section with a different focus each quarter
We release this quarterly research report each November, February, May, and August, drawing on the latest data for those periods.
Released September 2019. Republished October 2019.
The HLFS and QES labels were switched in Figure 1 in the original release.
May 2019 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 639 KB]
Released June 2019
March 2019 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 863 KB]
Released April 2019
November 2018 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 1.1 MB]
Released November 2018
August 2018 - Quarterly Labour Market Report [PDF, 1.3 MB]
Released August 2018