Business and employment
This section provides information, resources and guidance on our functions which support consumers, employment, business and economic development.
We develop policy and law to support a trading environment that promotes the long-term interests of consumers. This page provides information about recent research and reviews of consumer law.
- COVID-19 Consumer Travel Reimbursement Scheme (the Scheme)
- Review of consumer law
- Review of consumer credit law
- Disclosure regulations and third-party fundraisers consultation
- Consumer research and reports
- New wheel clamping rules
- Business guidance
- Know your consumer rights
- Protect yourself from scams
- Consumer Protection Website
- Country of origin of food
- Ticket reselling in New Zealand
The effective use of knowledge, skills and capital in business is a major driver of innovation and growth. This increases wages, lifts business competitiveness and profitability, and leads to better social and economic outcomes. The interaction of skilled people and innovative businesses provides the greatest scope for economic growth between now and 2025 .
- Employment Strategy
- Health and safety
- Employment legislation reviews
- Our international labour relations
- Labour market reports, data and analysis
- Future of Work Tripartite Forum
- Regional Skills Leadership Groups
- NZ income insurance scheme
- NZ Industrial Relations Foundation
- Plan of action against forced labour, people trafficking and slavery
- Employment website
Our role is to create better outcomes for all New Zealanders, particularly by supporting business growth.
We are responsible for the delivery of advice, regulation and services that have a real impact on people, businesses and the environment within which they operate.
We focus on improving the well-being of New Zealanders by supporting our economy to become more productive, resilient and sustainable. We use our expertise in funds management, tourism, major events, firm-level investment, SMEs, digital technology impacts and other priority sectors to support the government’s objectives.
- Events Transition Support Payment scheme (ETSP)
- Reactivating Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland package
- COVID-19 data resources
- Economic Plan
- Just Transition
- Industry policy
- Digital economy
- Screen sector
- Growing the food and beverage sector
- Māori economic development
- Regional economic development
- Sector reports series
- Major events