Nelson Tasman Regional Skills Leadership Group
The Nelson Tasman Regional Skills Leadership Group identifies and supports better ways of meeting future skills and workforce needs in the region.
The Nelson-Tasman Regional Skills Leadership Group (RSLG) is one of 15 RSLGs set up to identify and support better ways of meeting future skills and workforce needs in our regions and cities.
RSLGs are part of a joined-up approach to labour market planning that sees our workforce, education and immigration systems working together to better meet the differing skills needs across the country. Find out more about the RSLG kaupapa:
Nelson Tasman RSLG
The RSLG is co-chaired by Justin Carter and Ali Boswijk.
Regional Workforce Plan
In July 2022, the Nelson Tasman RSLG released Te Mahere Ohumahi ā-Rohe o Te Tauihu o Te Waka-a-Māui: The Nelson Tasman Regional Workforce Plan. The plan sets out the regional vision, challenges and opportunities, regional actions and national recommendations for current and future workforce skills and development in the Nelson Tasman region.
Guided by work already underway in the region, such as the Te Tauihu Intergenerational Strategy, this first plan focuses on older workers and rangatahi and the construction and aquaculture industries. The plan also highlights other industries and demographic groups of importance to the region for focus in future iterations of the plan. The plan is a collaborative document on which the RSLG looks forward to further engaging with the Nelson Tasman region.
Local insights reports
RSLGs are the eyes and ears on the ground in each region when it comes to labour market planning. Their regular insights reports are based on qualitative intel from stakeholders and partners about the local labour market.
- Nelson Tasman Local Insights Report: July 2022 [PDF 338KB]
- Nelson-Tasman Local Insights Report: March 2022 [PDF 403KB]
- Nelson-Tasman local insights report: December 2021 [PDF 380KB]
- Nelson-Tasman local insights report: November 2021 [PDF 339KB]
- Nelson-Tasman local insights report: October 2021 [PDF 665KB]
- Nelson-Tasman local insights report: September 2021 [PDF 661KB]
- Nelson-Tasman local insights report: August 2021 [PDF 667KB]
- Nelson-Tasman local insights report: July 2021 [PDF 662KB]
- Local insights report: Nelson-Tasman interim RSLG - June 2021 [PDF 654KB]
- Local insights report: Nelson-Tasman interim RSLG - May 2021 [PDF 758KB]