New Zealand Government Procurement and Property
New Zealand Government Procurement and Property helps government agencies deliver better public services for better value.
What we do
New Zealand Government Procurement and Property (NZGPP) is responsible for supporting the Chief Executive Carolyn Tremain in her role as Functional Leader for government procurement and property(external link).
We deliver the Ministry's procurement and property functional leadership objectives through a collaborative, centre-led approach.
We help government agencies with:
- building procurement and property capability within their agency through training and development opportunities, and other tools and resources
- providing support, advice and expertise
- making procurement and property management easier through systems and frameworks that support quality decision making
We deliver on these objectives through our two external facing brands:
- New Zealand Government Procurement (NZGP)
- Government Property Group (GPG).
New Zealand Government Procurement
We help government to deliver better value by lifting procurement capability and performance. We:
- help build procurement capability and develop commercial talent through graduate programme, training and advice
- assess agency commercial capability through the Procurement Capability Index
- provide advice on complex, risky and strategically important projects
- manage the Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS)
- manage All-of-Government contracts for common goods and services.
Government Property Group
We lead the management of the Crown estate and help other agencies by providing advice and education on:
- property management
- workplace design
- change management
- property project management
- property-related procurement
- property research and strategy.
We also manage the Government Property Portal (GPP). GPP has property and lease, asset, space and facilities management modules as well as reporting capabilities that help agencies manage their property better.