Tourism research and data
We collect, analyse and publish New Zealand tourism data, along with a range of useful tools and publications.
Together with Stats NZ and other organisations, we produce a range of data about the tourism industry.
Visit the Tourism Evidence and Insights Centre to access tourism data, research and reports from a wide range of sources.
This section includes the Tourism Electronic Card Transactions (TECTs), Accommodation Data Programme (ADP), International Visitor Survey (IVS), Tourism Satellite Account (TSA), and data on international travel and cruise visitor spending in New Zealand.
- Monthly unique regional population estimates (MURPEs)
- Tourism Electronic Card Transactions (TECTs)
- Accommodation Data Programme (ADP)
- International Visitor Survey (IVS)
- Tourism and the economy
- International travel
- Tourism employment earnings and filled jobs
- Cruise data
- Monthly Regional Tourism Estimates (MRTEs, 2016-2020)
- Business Events Research Programme (2009-2019)
- Domestic Travel Survey 1999–2012
Access a range of tourism research and reports commissioned or undertaken in recent years.
Pre-COVID-19 our tourism forecasts provided expectations on the future tourism demand in New Zealand. Please bear this in mind when using this information.
Join our mailing list to receive our latest tourism data.