Science and innovation
- Agencies, policies and budget initiatives
- Funding information and opportunities
- International opportunities
- News and success stories
Research and data
- Algorithms at MBIE: Transparency and accountability for our algorithm use
- Kitmap — A Stocktake of Research Infrastructure in Aotearoa New Zealand’s Government Research Organisations
- New Zealand Research Information System
- Open access to weather data review
- ORCID iD
- Research, Science and Innovation sector data
- Research, Science and Innovation (RSI) Workforce Surveys
- Subscribe to updates
Subscribe to updates
Receive information that’s relevant to you.
On this page
Sign-up and select your topics of interest for email updates.
- Endeavour Fund: opportunities for science funding for ‘smart ideas’ and research programmes that enhance New Zealand’s economy, environment, and society.
- Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund: opportunities for science funding that grow the skills and capacity for Māori participation in science and innovation.
- He tipu ka hua: funding for Māori-led research programmes that will support iwi, hapū, hāpori, and Māori rōpū to achieve their priorities through RSI.
- He aka ka toro: funding for Māori entities to develop new or additional capabilities to decide on research priorities, navigate the RSI system, receive benefit from RSI, and be inspired to engage with, lead and participate in RSI funding ecosystem.
- Partnerships Scheme: opportunities for science funding to grow the competitiveness and sustainability of New Zealand’s economy.
- International science partnerships: opportunities for science funding for international partnerships and the Catalyst Fund.
- Curious Minds: find out about the work enhancing the impact of science education, science communication, public engagement in science, and science literacy.
- National Science Challenges: find out about how the Challenges are tackling some of the biggest science-based issues and opportunities facing NZ.
- Antarctic Science Platform: find out about funding for longer-term Antarctic science critical to maximising scientific and strategic benefits for New Zealand.
- Research commercialisation: opportunities for funding through the Commercialisation Partner Network and the PreSeed Accelerator Fund.
- Policy, strategy and discussion papers: general updates from MBIE in policy areas.
- News and events: general news, events and case studies related to MBIE’s and others’ work in science and innovation.