Employment and skills
Employment legislation reviews
- Workplace relations in the screen industry
- Forced Labour Protocol
- Holidays Act Review
- Extending paid parental leave
- Equal Pay Amendment Bill
- Law change for Easter Sunday shop trading
- Employment Standards Legislation Act
- Proposed Accident Compensation Appeal Tribunal
- Accident compensation dispute resolution review
- Reviewing regulated ACC payments for treatment
- Employment Relations Amendment Act
- Minimum wage reviews
- Fair Pay Agreements
- Sex work in New Zealand
- Members of Parliament pay freeze and review
- Security Officers – application to amend Schedule 1A
- Employment legislation reviews
Minimum wage reviews
This page provides the Cabinet papers and regulatory impact analyses for previous reviews of the minimum wages.
The Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety is required by law to review the minimum wages annually, to take effect 1 April each year.
2020 minimum wage
The 2020 minimum wage will be $18.90 per hour.
2019 minimum wage
The 2019 minimum wage is $17.70 per hour.
2018 minimum wage
The 2018 minimum wage was $16.50 per hour.
2017 minimum wage
The 2017 minimum wage was $15.75 per hour.
2016 minimum wage
The 2016 minimum wage was $15.25 per hour.