Building and energy
This section provides information, resources and guidance on our functions which support building and construction, tenancy and housing and energy and natural resources.
Well-functioning housing and construction markets support growth in productivity and employment, and affect macroeconomic stability, health, security, and social cohesion.
- Building and maintaining New Zealand’s homes and buildings
- Response to Canterbury earthquakes
- Building and construction consultations
- Investigations and reviews for safer buildings
- Residential pool safety
- Supporting a skilled and productive workforce
- Regulating building professionals and practitioners
- Weathertight Homes Resolution Service claims statistics
- Building Performance Website
In this section you will find data and statistics about housing affordability and rental bonds.
New Zealand's abundant and diverse energy resources have long underpinned our economy. The challenge is to meet New Zealand's energy needs in a way that supports our way of life, the economy and the environment.