Building and energy
This section provides information, resources and guidance on our functions which support building and construction, tenancy and housing and energy and natural resources.
Well-functioning housing and construction markets support growth in productivity and employment, and affect macroeconomic stability, health, security, and social cohesion.
- Reforming the building regulatory system and building and construction sector
- Building and maintaining New Zealand’s homes and buildings
- Response to Canterbury earthquakes
- Building and construction consultations
- Investigations and reviews for safer buildings
- Residential pool safety
- Supporting a skilled and productive workforce
- Regulating building professionals and practitioners
- Weathertight Homes Resolution Service claims statistics
- Building for climate change
- Building Performance Website
In this section you will find data and statistics about rental bonds.
New Zealand's abundant and diverse energy resources have long underpinned our economy. The challenge is to meet New Zealand's energy needs in a way that supports our way of life, the economy and the environment.
- Energy consultations and reviews
- Energy statistics and modelling
- Energy strategies for New Zealand
- Low emissions economy
- Energy hardship
- Energy generation and markets
- International engagement on energy
- A Minerals and Petroleum Resource Strategy
- Subscribe to Energy and Resource Markets news
- NZ Petroleum and Minerals Website
- Pānui – Energy and Resource Markets