Te Purunga ki Te Raki Regional Workforce Plan
- Mātauranga - supporting a productive economy through regional workforce planning and labour market intelligence in core backbone economic sectors
Destination management and tourism
The visitor economy – especially the opportunity for Māori to tell their own stories, has been significantly impacted by COVID-19 and resulting border closures. Supporting businesses with sustainable workforce plans while upskilling the workforce is critical to the re-growth and future of the sector.
Overall action plan
- Support the workforce aspirations and actions as detailed in the Taitokerau Northland Destination Management Plan (TNDMP).
- Support sustainable skills development to enable a stable local workforce for the tourism sector with focus on:
- service levels,
- Building on the region’s cultural capability such as the rich Maori culture and the importance of Taitokerau Northland’s place in the history of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Support initiatives that raise the profile and positively impact the perceptions of Tourism as a viable career choice.