Commercialisation Partner Network
The Commercialisation Partner Network (CPN) builds the capability to turn science findings into commercially viable products.
Through the Network, we are seeking better economic outcomes from the commercialisation of publicly funded research in New Zealand.
The CPN aims to:
- increase the rates of technology or intellectual property that firms can use
- increase the formation of investable entities (spinout or start-up companies)
- strengthen the links between research organisations and individuals, organisations and firms with capabilities and interests in commercialisation
- improve the capabilities in commercialisation units
- increase the visibility, transparency, and access to information about R&D projects, organisations and personnel.
The Government seeks an integrated approach to commercialisation where those involved in commercialisation activities work together to create scale, enhance capability and improve collaboration.
CPN works alongside the PreSeed Accelerator Fund. CPN builds capability and PreSeed provides project funding.
The 2019 investment round
In the 2019 investment round we will invest $8,537,080 (excluding GST) over two years from 1 July 2019. This includes the $1,566,000 per year increase for CPN and PreSeed that was announced in Budget 2019.
In December 2018, we issued a call for proposals to be considered for 2019 funding for the creation or continuation of a Commercialisation Centre. We were seeking Centres that would provide the best mix to create scale, enhance capability, and improve collaboration to generate increased wealth and maximise net benefit for New Zealand.
The successful 2019 applicants follow:
The Commercialisation Partner Network Fund Call for Proposals contains the information that was required to prepare and submit a funding proposal. This remains as a detailed guideline to the purpose of the fund.
The Commercialisation Partner Network Fund Assessment Guidelines contains information on the assessment process.
Annual reporting guidelines for contestable investment funded programmes:
For more information, email CPN@mbie.govt.nz