New Zealand Energy Quarterly
The New Zealand Energy Quarterly provides quarterly data and analysis on energy supply, demand, prices and associated greenhouse gas emissions. This page has the current edition.
Current Energy Quarterly publication
The current edition of Energy Quarterly is for the June quarter (Q2) 2019. It was released on 12 September 2019. The next Energy Quarterly will be released on 12 December 2019.
The main highlights for this quarter are:
- Renewable sources accounted for over 83 per cent of electricity generation this quarter.
- Coal-fired generation fell 33 per cent in the June 2019 quarter, following elevated levels in the March 2019 and December 2018 quarter.
- Coal imports hit a record high as stocks were replenished.
- Overall gas supply recovered, rising 19 per cent off the June 2018 low when outages first occurred at Pohokura.
- Fuel prices rose, with petrol rising 6 per cent and diesel 4 per cent, although prices remained shy of those recorded in the second half of 2018.
For more detailed data, see the relevant page:
In this section
The past 2 years' editions of the New Zealand Energy Quarterly
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence(external link).