Business Events Research Programme
From this page you can access the latest data from the Business Events Research Programme, gathered via the Business Events Activity Survey and Business Event Delegate Survey.
The Business Events Research Programme was established in 2009 through a partnership between Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ), the Ministry of Business Innovation & Employment (MBIE) and 10 Convention Bureaux in New Zealand. Since then, 3 additional Convention Bureaux have joined.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- monitor MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) activity in New Zealand
- estimate the contribution multi-day business events make to the New Zealand economy.
The following Convention Bureaux participate in the Business Events Research Programme:
- Hawke's Bay
- Christchurch & Canterbury
- Hamilton & Waikato (joined July 2011)
- Bay of Plenty (joined July 2011)
- Destination Marlborough (joined July 2012)
- Southland (joined February 2018).
In this section
The Business Events Activity Survey monitors and benchmarks the performance of more than 300 professional conferencing and meeting venues in New Zealand.
The Business Events Delegate Survey collects expenditure and length of stay data from multi-day business event delegates through an online survey.