Regional Tourism Estimates key pivot table
This pivot table provides estimates of both domestic and international tourism expenditure in million dollars and is part of the Regional Tourism Estimates.
Pivot table of Regional Tourism Estimates 2009-2015
This table provides estimates of both domestic and international tourism expenditure in million dollars by:
- visitors’ country of origin
- broad industry groupings (referred to as ‘product’ in the Tourism Satellite Account)
- regional council
- territorial authority
- Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand License(external link).
2015 changes to the TSA and IVS
Changes to the Tourism Satellite Account (TSA) and the International Visitor Survey (IVS) mean the 2015 Regional Tourism Estimates generally produced higher estimates of spending for the period 2009-2014 than previously published.
These papers describe the nature and impact of these changes:
- Stakeholder briefing: Impact of changes in 2015 Tourism Satellite Account on 2015 Regional Tourism Estimates [PDF, 235 KB]
- Technical paper: Impact of changes in 2015 Tourism Satellite Account on 2015 Regional Tourism Estimates [PDF, 394 KB]
All users should discard earlier versions of the RTEs and download the new tables.
See RTEs data sources and methodology for more information.