Business and employment
Our work with the PCO
- Support for business
- Financial markets regulation
- Competition regulation and policy
- Regulating entities
- Standards and conformance
- Trade and tariffs
- Haka Ka Mate Attribution Act guidelines
- Geographical indications
- Plant variety rights
- Integrated circuit design protection
- Intellectual property enforcement
- Mātauranga and Taonga Māori and the Intellectual Property System
- Disclosure of origin requirements in the patents regime
- Proposed Intellectual Property Laws Amendment Bill
Our work with the Parliamentary Counsel Office
We are working with the Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO) to revise Acts and make them more accessible, readable and easier to understand.
On this page
Partnership Law Bill
The Partnership Law Bill revises the Partnership Act 1908 to make it more accessible for individuals and partnerships.
Jointly with the Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO), we invited feedback on an exposure draft of the Bill in May 2018. Submissions have now closed.
Exposure draft and consultation on the PCO’s website(external link).
Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017
The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 was the first to be developed under our revision programme. Its purpose was to combine contracts and commercial law statutes into a single statute and make them more accessible, readable and easier to understand. It was not intended to make policy changes.
In 2015, we sought public feedback on an exposure draft of the Contract and Commercial Law Bill. The Bill was subsequently introduced in 2016. It was enacted on 1 March 2017 and came into force on 1 September 2017.