- Incorporated Societies Act 2022
- Our work with the PCO
- Financial Reporting Act 2013
- Insolvency Review Working Group
- Supporting the integrity of the corporate governance system
- Changes to the Takeovers Code
- Historic reform of corporate law
- Mandatory climate-related disclosures
- Large organisations to disclose information about their payment practices
- Regulating entities
Our work with the Parliamentary Counsel Office
We are working with the Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO) to revise Acts and make them more accessible, readable and easier to understand.
Partnership Law Bill
The Partnership Law Bill revises the Partnership Act 1908 to make it more accessible for individuals and partnerships.
Jointly with the Parliamentary Counsel Office (PCO), we invited feedback on an exposure draft of the Bill in May 2018. Submissions have now closed.
Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017
The Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 was the first to be developed under our revision programme. Its purpose was to combine contracts and commercial law statutes into a single statute and make them more accessible, readable and easier to understand. It was not intended to make policy changes.
In 2015, we sought public feedback on an exposure draft of the Contract and Commercial Law Bill. The Bill was subsequently introduced in 2016. It was enacted on 1 March 2017 and came into force on 1 September 2017.