Energy and natural resources
Energy and resources consultations and reviews
- Consultation document: Advancing New Zealand’s energy transition
- Review of the Crown Minerals Act 1991
- Investigation into electricity supply interruptions of 9 August 2021
- Electricity Price Review
- 2018-2019 Electricity Price Review
- 2017 energy consultations and reviews
- 2016 energy consultations and reviews
- Older energy consultations and reviews
- Energy and resources consultations and reviews
2017 energy consultations and reviews
Our 2017 consultations on energy-related issues.
Managing financial risk from current and future wells
Closed 28 April 2017
We consulted in 2017 on options for managing the financial risk exposure to third parties from current and future onshore petroleum wells. We proposed 4 non-exclusive options to address this risk. We received 5 submissions.
Draft replacement New Zealand Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy
Closed 7 February 2017
We consulted in 2017 on the draft replacement New Zealand Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy (NZEECS) 2017-2022. It proposed actions to help New Zealand make the most of its clean, renewable energy sources and use energy more productively. We received 78 submissions.