Tō mātou whakakitenga mō Te Tauihu o te Waka | Our vision for the future of Marlborough
In consultation with our community, the Marlborough RSLG has developed and adopted a vision for the future of Marlborough’s workforce. This vision will guide us and our actions over the next 15 years.
Our mission statement
Advance our future workforce together
We have a productive and resilient Marlborough economy that is well resourced by its workforce, skills, training and talent.
The outcomes we want
Outcome 1: A resilient, sustainable economy and workforce
- Everyone is enabled to participate fully in the labour market.
- We recognise and respect the importance of the whenua and taiao (the land and our natural world) to our identity and our economy.
- The workforce and local industry are multi-skilled and adaptable to change.
Outcome 2: An enabled Māori economy
- We are connected and working towards the aspirations of the Te Tauihu Intergenerational Strategy – Tūpuna Pono: To Be Good Ancestors.
- We are working in partnership with iwi/Māori and supporting their aspirations and objectives.
The pathways to get there
Pathway 1: Diverse opportunities for meaningful employment
- Our workforce supports a diversified and productive economy.
- There is a wide range of flexible employment opportunities to attract people from diverse backgrounds.
- Businesses offer career pathways and development supported by training options offered locally, either in person or online.
Pathway 2: Equitable workplaces
- We have modern and equitable workplaces so that everyone is able to achieve their potential.
- We have inclusive workplaces.
- Local employers are supported to invest in upskilling and retraining their workforce.
Pathway 3: People are attracted to live and work in and from Marlborough
- People see the opportunities in Marlborough and want to live here.
- We have an inclusive community that enables all people to thrive, including Māori, older workers, new arrivals and young people.
- We have the connectivity and infrastructure to work and do business across the country and the world.
- We have a 21st century education system that supports lifelong learning.