Waivers for charges
Applications to waive charges for managed isolation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Undue financial hardship and other special circumstances
Waivers may be available in cases of undue financial hardship and other special circumstances. These special circumstances could include:
- A New Zealander who entered managed isolation because they left New Zealand to accompany a person back to New Zealand who is disabled or could not travel alone and who is not liable to pay for managed isolation
- Someone who needed to travel to or from New Zealand to receive medical treatment.
- Other compassionate grounds, including when a person has travelled to visit a seriously ill or dying close relative or attend a funeral or tangihanga (whether in New Zealand or overseas).
How to apply for a fee waiver
Complete an online fees waiver application via the customer portal
Use the customer portal to apply for a fees waiver:
- click the link below to sign up to create an account, including a login and password.
- once you have logged in, fill out your fees waiver application form.
You can return to the customer portal via this page at any time to check on the status of your application or resume a draft application you have saved. Bookmark the link below for quick access to the portal to see your application.
You can also use this account to make a request on behalf of someone else.
For the best experience use a modern browser like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera or Safari.
Supporting documents for waiver form
Make sure that you attach all your supporting documents as outlined in the fee and waiver form:
- If you travelled to attend a funeral or tangihanga, please provide us with a copy of the death certificate, a death notice or a letter from a funeral director
- If you travelled to visit a seriously ill or dying close relative, please provide us with a letter from doctor, hospital or hospice which states that the person was seriously ill or dying
- If you travelled for medical treatment, please provide evidence that the medical treatment was not available where you travelled from, and why you needed to travel during the pandemic to receive the treatment
- If you are applying on grounds of undue financial hardship, you must complete the Statement of Financial Position on the Fee and Waiver form and also attach any other supporting documents which confirm your financial position such as bank statements or mortgage documents, and provide information about your reason for travel and any other relevant circumstances.
If we need more information we will contact you.
You must fill in your fee and waiver application honestly and include all necessary information requested. It is an offence to make a false statement with the intention of avoiding charges.
Waivers for charges for travellers from Australia
New South Wales
Returnees who travelled to New Zealand on managed flights from New South Wales on or after 12 July 2021 until 22 August 2021 will have their fees automatically waived.
Australian 'red flights'
Returnees travelling from Australia on red flights while Quarantine Free Travel (QFT) is suspended may be eligible for a fee waiver if they:
- last departed New Zealand after 5 April 2021, and prior to 23 July 2021; and
- were eligible for a QFT flight from Australia between 23 July 2021 and 30 July 2021; and
- couldn't travel on that flight because they, or one of their travel group did not meet one or more of the pre-requisites for the flight.
Pre-requisites included having a negative pre-departure test, not having been in a location of interest, not being a contact of a Covid-19 case, and not being symptomatic at the time of the flight.
Returnees who feel they meet this criteria will need to apply for a fee waiver and supply evidence that they were eligible for the flights and a declaration that they did not meet the pre-requisites.
Returnees arriving from Australia on red flights can also still apply for waivers under the undue financial hardship and other special circumstances criteria.