Charges for temporary entry class visa holders
Charges apply to all people who entered New Zealand on a temporary entry class visa.
Rates for the stay in a managed isolation or quarantine facility
The fee (including GST) for temporary entry class visa holders is:
- $2,760 for the first or only person in a family travel group
- $1,495 for each additional adult in a family travel group
- $805 for each additional child (3 to 17 years old, inclusive) in a family travel group
- children under 3 years old are not charged.
If you are liable to pay, you will be charged per family travel group.
A family travel group is a group of no more than 12 persons all of whom:
- are family members of 1 or more of the other persons in the group; and
- are part of the same travel group
A “family member” of any person (person A) means another person who:
- has a biological or legal relationship with person A; or
- is a member of person A’s whānau or other culturally recognised family group
What is a temporary entry visa class holder
A temporary entry visa class holder is a person who has one of the following visas:
- Visitor visas (such as partners of a New Zealand citizen or resident)
- Student visa holders
- Work visa holders, and
- Limited visas.
Who is not included
These changes do not include critical health workers who entered New Zealand on a border exception, overseas-based air crew and foreign maritime crew.
They also do not include temporary entry class visa holders who stayed in the same room in MIQ with a family travel group member* who is a New Zealand citizen or holder of a residence class visa, or a critical health worker.
These people are liable to pay the same amount as returning New Zealand citizens and residents.
*A family member of any person (person A) is defined as another person who has a biological or legal relationship with person A, or is a member of person A’s whānau or other culturally recognised family group.