Our vision for the future of Marlborough
Our vision for the future of Marlborough’s workforce continues to guide us. Each of our actions contribute to the outcomes we have identified.
Our mission statement
Advance our future workforce together
We have a productive, sustainable, and resilient Marlborough economy that is well resourced by its workforce, skills, training, and talent.
The outcomes we want:
- a resilient, sustainable economy and workforce that supports carbon net zero by 2050
- an enabled Māori economy.
The pathways to get there:
- diverse opportunities for meaningful employment
- equitable workplaces
- people are attracted to live and work in and from Marlborough.
Our focus areas:
- Marlborough as an attractive place to live and work
- career and education pathways
- perceptions of industries and careers
- connections between schools and industry
- everyone in the region is aware of career and training opportunities
- enabling equitable outcomes for Māori through education and work.
Our focus sectors:
- Hauora | Health (previously Tautiakitanga noho kāinga | Aged residential care)
- Ahumoana | Aquaculture
- Te ahumairangi | Aerospace (previously Ahumairangi | Aviation)
- Ngā mahi hanganga | Building and construction
- Te rāngai waina | Wine