Import and export restriction agreements

New Zealand is party to several international agreements that restrict the trade or manufacture of hazardous substances.

The agreements

These agreements include:

The conventions sometimes require permission to trade substances covered by the convention.

How to apply

Applications to import or export these substances are considered by the Environmental Protection Agency on behalf of the Minister for the Environment.

Applications will be accepted only on approved forms(external link), which are available from the Environmental Protection Agency.