Application for Payload Permit APP001
Apply for a permit to send a payload into space.
The Outer Space and High-altitude Activities (Licences and Permits) Regulations Act 2017 governs payload permit applications.
The information in this form enables the Minister to make a decision on the payload permit application.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) may share application information with other agencies in order to assist the Minister in the performance or exercise of functions, duties, or powers under the Outer Space and High-altitude Activities Act 2017.
Outer space and High Altitude (Licences and Permits) Regulations 2017(external link) – Legislation.govt.nz
You can share the form with others
- You will get a unique link to the form and a password, which you can share with others. Only 1 person can access the form at a time.
- Your password is randomly generated, and we do not have access to it. Make sure you save your password and form link exactly as displayed.
- For security reasons, we suggest you send the link and password by separate methods. For example, send the link by email and the password by text message.
- The form will automatically save the content as you press 'Next'. Press 'Save and exit' to log out of the form.
- Once the form is started, if there is 30 minutes of inactivity, the form will need to be accessed again via the ‘Form link’ and ‘Password’.
- Please contact the New Zealand Space Agency if you need help or have questions.
Phone: (within NZ): 0800 843 697
(Overseas): +64 9 952 1663.
Please note: This content will change over time and can go out of date.