Strategic Science Investment Fund
- Australian Synchrotron
- Enhanced Geohazards Monitoring
- Genomics Aotearoa
- Mission Operations Control Centre
- National eScience Infrastructure
- Nationally Significant Collections and Databases
- Research and Education Advanced Network New Zealand
- Research Vessel Tangaroa
- Review of scientific collections and databases
- Funded infrastructure
The Australian Synchrotron is a world class scientific research facility located just outside of Melbourne.
About the synchroton
The synchrotron is a type of particle accelerator. It accelerates electrons to almost the speed of light, allowing researchers to undertake a large range of experiments along specially designed “beamlines”.
We provide funding to the Australian Synchrotron through the New Zealand Synchrotron Group, which manages access arrangements for New Zealand scientists wishing to use the synchrotron for their research.