Employment and skills
Employment legislation reviews
- Forced Labour Protocol
- Holidays Act Review
- Extending paid parental leave
- Equal Pay Amendment Bill
- Law change for Easter Sunday shop trading
- Employment Standards Legislation Act
- Proposed Accident Compensation Appeal Tribunal
- Accident compensation dispute resolution review
- Increasing regulated ACC payments for treatment
- Employment Relations Amendment Act
- Minimum wage reviews
- Workplace relations in the screen sector
- Fair Pay Agreements
- Sex work in New Zealand
- Members of Parliament pay freeze and review
- Security Officers – application to amend Schedule 1A
- Employment legislation reviews
Security Officers – application to amend Schedule 1A
Security officers’ application to be added to the categories of employees that receive continuity of employment protections – Subpart 1 of Part 6A, Employment Relations Act 2000
MBIE has received an application to amend Schedule 1A of the Employment Relations Act to include security officers in the security industry.
Schedule 1A lists the categories of employees that receive the protections of Subpart 1 of Part 6A of the Act. This Subpart provides continuity of employment on the same terms and conditions for employees in the event of restructure from a company being sold or a contract being transferred.
In order to be added to Schedule 1A certain criteria must be met
The Minister may make a recommendation to add security officers to Schedule 1A if he is satisfied that the following criteria are met for security officers. That they are:
- Employees who are employed in a sector in which restructuring of their employer’s business occurs frequently; and
- Their terms and conditions of employment tend to be undermined by the restructuring of an employer’s business; and
- the employees have little bargaining power.
MBIE will be gathering evidence and reporting back to the Minister about whether or not the criteria have been met.
You can make a submission about this application
We are interested in hearing your views on the application. You can provide information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org