Business and employment
Insolvency Review Working Group
- Incorporated Societies Act review
- Our work with the PCO
- Financial Reporting Act 2013
- Insolvency Review Working Group
- Supporting the integrity of the corporate governance system
- Changes to the Takeovers Code
- Historic reform of corporate law
- Mandatory climate-related disclosures
In May 2018 we consulted on a proposal for a new, Ponzi-specific, insolvency regime based on the idea that investors should be treated equally.
On this page
About the consultation
On 10 May 2018, the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs announced the release of a discussion document proposing a new, Ponzi-specific, insolvency regime. This consultation follows recommendations made by the Insolvency Review Working Group.
The proposals in the discussion document were intended to provide a basis for an informed public debate on how losses should be shared between investors in a Ponzi scheme.
Submissions closed on 6 July 2018 and we received 6 written submissions.
Last updated: 05 November 2019