National Construction Pipeline Report
The National Construction Pipeline Report provides the market with a 6-year projection of national building and construction work.
About the report
The National Construction Pipeline provides a forward view of national building and construction activity over a 6-year period.
The report is based on building and construction forecasting by the Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ), and data from building economics consultancy Pacifecon NZ Ltd on known non-residential building and infrastructure intentions.
It includes national and regional breakdowns of actual and forecast residential building, non-residential building and infrastructure activity.
Benefits of the report
The report gives the construction and building sector valuable information to help it plan for future demand.
The report’s aim is to outline a clear pipeline of building and construction work to support:
- planning by all participants in the sector
- scheduling the investment in skills development and capital equipment, and
- coordinating construction procurement (particularly central and local government), which can lead to better scheduling of construction projects.
Aside from looking at residential and non-residential building work, the National Construction Pipeline Report also includes infrastructure intentions. These are of a non-building type such as roads, subdivisions and civil works and cover local government, central government and the private sector. It differs from the Infrastructure Pipeline prototype that was produced by the Treasury’s Infrastructure Pipeline in May 2019 which currently looks at anticipated government infrastructure projects.
National construction pipeline
- National Construction Pipeline Report 2019 [PDF 1.2MB]
- National construction pipeline report 2018 [PDF 1.2MB]
- Guide to the National construction pipeline report 2018 [PDF 393KB]
- National construction pipeline report 2017 [PDF 1.6MB]
- National construction pipeline report 2016 [PDF 1.5MB]
- National construction pipeline report 2015 [PDF 1.4MB]
- National construction pipeline report 2014 [PDF 1.2MB]
- National construction pipeline report 2013 [PDF 1.2MB]