This page lets you know how to access content, including documents, that has been archived from this website.

We archive content – both page content and documents – when it is obsolete or superseded.

We archive periodically as part of the move to a new or refreshed website and routinely as part of our regular review of content.

Accessing old versions of the website

You can access older versions of our website (by year) from the New Zealand Web Archive. The Web Archive takes a copy (“scrapes”) of all government and public-facing websites, usually once a year. The web archives don't save interactive content (eg, data tools) and not all document links are preserved, particularly at the deeper page levels.

Search copies of the MBIE website in the Web Collection(external link)

You can also access copies of the website of the former Ministry of Economic Development (MED) from the Website Collection by year.

Search copies of the MED website in the Web Collection(external link)

The Wayback Machine is a digital archive of the World Wide Web and other information on the Internet created by the Internet Archive, a nonprofit organization, based in San Francisco. It has more than 304 billion web pages saved over time.

Search copies of the MBIE website on the Wayback Machine(external link)

Accessing archived documents

When we archive reports and publications of high public interest we generally send them to National Library Legal Deposit(external link). This adds them to the National Library collection.

You can start your search for documents on the National Library’s catalogue page for all documents we have published using the title, keywords or the ISBN / ISSN number if the document has one.

Search main catalog for documents created by MBIE in the National Library(external link)

Search e-resources created by MBIE in the National Library(external link)

If you know that the document was published but you cannot find it on this website or in the National Library collection, you can request a copy under Part 3 of the Public Records Act (Public access to information and records).

If the information/document has not been published, you can request it under the Official Information Act.

Further information

If you still need help and have a general enquiry about archived web content email or contact us.