In 2021/22 we worked with, and supported, ministers and associate ministers across 20 portfolios. We were the lead agency for 13 of these portfolios, provided support to 5 portfolios (for appropriations within the Votes MBIE administers), and supported the Minister of Finance on the infrastructure and regulatory management system.
MBIE’s ownership Minister, the Minister for Economic and Regional Development, is accountable to Parliament to ensure we carry out our functions properly and efficiently. MBIE’s Secretary is accountable for the leadership and overall performance of the organisation, as well as representation on a wide range of boards and governance entities, such as the Council for Financial Regulators.
VOTE: Building and Construction
- Building and Construction
- COVID-19 Response – led by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC), with MBIE providing leadership across its areas of functional responsibility, including managed isolation and quarantine.
VOTE: Business, Science and Innovation
- Commerce and Consumer Affairs
- Digital Economy and Communications
- Economic and Regional Development
- Energy and Resources
- Research, Science and Innovation
- Small Business
- Māori Development
- Public Service
- Emergency Management
- Sports and Recreation
VOTE: Labour Market
- Workplace Relations and Safety
- Social Development and Employment