Horizon Europe Cluster 6: Food, bioeconomy, natural resources, agriculture and environment
Research and innovation to address the challenges of food security, the circular bioeconomy, and the sustainable management of natural resources.
This cluster aims at reducing environmental degradation, halting and reversing the decline of biodiversity on land, inland waters and sea, and better managing natural resources through transformative changes of the economy and society in both urban and rural areas.
It will ensure food and nutrition security for all within planetary boundaries through knowledge, innovation and digitalisation in agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture and food systems, and steer and accelerate the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient circular economy and sustainable bioeconomy, including forestry.
Activities in this cluster include:
- ways to ensure food and nutrition security for all
- new bio-based products and applications, such as bioplastics, bio-energy and bio-pharmaceuticals
- research on the sustainable management of natural resources, such as water, land, and forests
- research on ways to make agriculture more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Finding calls under Cluster 6
The full details of Cluster 6, including the Work Programme for 2023 to 2024, are available from the Cluster 6 homepage.
Cluster 6 homepage(external link) — European Commission
You can also browse the Cluster 6 topics, with text search and filtering, through the Funding and Funding and Tenders Portal
Cluster 6 topics(external link) — European Commission
National Contact Points
Cluster 6 NCP – Cecile de Klein
- Principal Scientist – Environmental Science, Ethical Agriculture Group, AgResearch
- Mosgiel, New Zealand
- Email: Cluster6NCP@mbie.govt.nz
Māori NCP – Andrew Sporle
- Managing Director, iNZight Analytics; Deputy Director, Healthier Lives National Science Challenge; Associate Professor (Honorary) of Statistics, University of Auckland
- Auckland, New Zealand
Brussels NCP – Isaac Holliss
- Science and Innovation Counsellor, Europe New Zealand Mission to the European Union
- Brussels, Belgium
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org