Horizon Europe Cluster 1: Health
Research and innovation to develop science and technologies that address the challenges of health and healthcare and improve well-being.
The aims of Cluster 1 include improving and protecting the health and well-being of citizens of all ages by generating new knowledge, developing innovative solutions to prevent, diagnose, monitor, treat and cure diseases, developing new health technologies, and protecting populations and promoting good health and well-being in general and at work.
This cluster also aims to make public health systems more cost-effective, equitable and sustainable, prevent and tackle poverty-related diseases and support and enable patients' participation and self-management.
Activities in this cluster focus on:
- prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases
- development of new health technologies, such as medical devices, drugs, and diagnostic tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare
- health systems and policies, including ways to improve these through better organisation, financing, and regulation of healthcare
- social determinants of health, such as poverty, inequality and discrimination, and how to address these to improve the health of all citizens.
Finding calls under Cluster 1
The full details of Cluster 1 – Health, including the Work Programme for 2023 to 2024, are available from the Cluster 1 homepage.
Cluster 1 homepage(external link) — European Commission
You can also browse the Cluster 1 topics, with text search and filtering, through the Funding and Funding and Tenders Portal.
Cluster 1 topics(external link) — European Commission
National Contact Points
Cluster 1 NCP – Rachael Taylor
- Research Professor, Head of Department (Medicine) and Karitane Fellow in Early Childhood Obesity, University of Otago
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- Email: Cluster1NCP@mbie.govt.nz
Māori NCP – Andrew Sporle
- Managing Director, iNZight Analytics; Deputy Director, Healthier Lives National Science Challenge; Associate Professor (Honorary) of Statistics, University of Auckland
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Email: MaoriNCP@mbie.govt.nz
Brussels NCP – Isaac Holliss
- Science and Innovation Counsellor, Europe New Zealand Mission to the European Union
- Brussels, Belgium
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org