Managed isolation and quarantine data
Data and statistics about managed isolation and quarantine in New Zealand.
Here are the daily data updates on Managed Isolation and Quarantine occupancy, projected occupancy over the next 14 days and total returnees to New Zealand. Also included is the Ministry of Health testing data and incident reports for Managed Isolation and Quarantine.
Latest daily factsheet
Released at: 20/10/2020
Managed isolation and quarantine occupancy
As at 23:59 19 October 2020
|Region||Number of facilities||Effective capacity||Occupancy||Vacancy|
Total available capacity is 7,827. Effective capacity allows for 24 hour room turn-around between guests to allow for health and cleaning requirements between arrivals and departures. These requirements are much more thorough than a standard hotel room clean, and include the use of PPE equipment, sanitising and deep cleaning.
Projected occupancy for next 14 days
|21-Oct||22-Oct||23-Oct||24-Oct||25-Oct||26-Oct||27-Oct||7 day forecast||8 - 14 day forecast|
|Total planned capacity||7,286||7,294|
The ‘total planned capacity increase’ includes only those facilities that we have finalised formal arrangements with at the date of this report. We track forecast arrivals and are able to stand up additional facilities quickly to meet demand.
Returnees into New Zealand
|Last 24 hours||Last 3 days|
Total number of people through MI & Q facilities since 26 March 2020: 62,698
People through MI & Q facilities since 17 June 2020: 43,282
This section reports on any incidents in the last 24 hours that present a potential or actual risk to public health.
20 October 2020 – No incidents to report.
Ministry of Health COVID-19 testing data
As at 23:59 19 October 2020
|Total number of tests conducted nationwide in the past 24 hours||2,715|
|Total Day 3 and Day 12 swabs recorded in MI & Q facilities in the past 24 hours||667|
|Total confirmed cases identified at MI & Q facilities||215|
|Current active cases identified at MI & Q facilities||32|
This report reflects a snapshot at a point time from numerous constantly updated operational data sources. Data is provisionally correct as at 23:59 on the day prior to the release of the report. The data reflects a dynamic process and small discrepancies may occur as a result of reporting timeframes. Previous releases are reviewed weekly to correct any discrepancies.
- MIQ daily update 20 October 2020 [PDF 132KB]
- MIQ daily update 19 October 2020 [PDF 132KB]
- MIQ daily update 18 October 2020 [PDF 261KB]
- MIQ daily update 17 October 2020 [PDF 261KB]
- MIQ daily update 16 October 2020 [PDF 250KB]
- MIQ daily update 15 October 2020 [PDF 136KB]
- MIQ daily update 14 October 2020 [PDF 133KB]
- MIQ daily update 13 October 2020 [PDF 78KB]
- MIQ daily update 12 October 2020 [PDF 132KB]
- MIQ daily update 11 October 2020 [PDF 261KB]
- MIQ daily update 10 October 2020 [PDF 261KB]
- MIQ daily update 9 October 2020 [PDF 265KB]
- MIQ daily update 8 October 2020 [PDF 87KB]
- MIQ daily update 7 October 2020 [PDF 174KB]
- MIQ daily update 6 October 2020 [PDF 93KB]
- MIQ daily update 5 October 2020 [PDF 150KB]
- MIQ daily update 4 October 2020 [PDF 89KB]
- MIQ daily update 3 October 2020 [PDF 261KB]
- MIQ daily update 2 October 2020 [PDF 174KB]
- MIQ daily update 1 October 2020 [PDF 182KB]