Managed isolation and quarantine data
Data and statistics about managed isolation and quarantine in New Zealand.
Find our daily snapshot data below. We improved the format of these on Friday 4 December 2020. See the PDF links at the bottom of this page if you would like to see previous versions.
The daily snapshot below shows room occupancy rates in our facilities, MIAS voucher allocations and availability as well as the number of returnees who have been through the facilities. It also includes the Ministry of Health testing data and any incident reports of key updates regarding Managed Isolation and Quarantine.
Take in to consideration the following explanations when analysing this information.
Focus on 14 days:
- Rooms in our facilities are occupied for a minimum of 14 days with additional time needed for cleaning and maintenance. As such, when looking at room availability we need to consider this full 14 day period as opposed to room occupancy on any single day. Rooms that are vacant today may be needed for an incoming flight tomorrow, so are not actually available.
Forecast over capacity:
- From time-to-time MIQ may forecast to exceed its listed operational capacity. We know that for various reasons, such as international travel volatility, that not all people who currently have MIAS vouchers will use them. Based on these factors, we release additional vouchers to ensure we can utilise the full available capacity.
- In addition, we may access our contingency for short periods if this allows us to manage a short-term peak in arrivals. This is only done for short periods as the contingency is primarily needed for unforeseen events or if some people may need to stay for longer than expected.
MIAS vouchers availability:
- This report outlines the number of MIAS vouchers available for booking online at a point-in-time. This may be out of date when this information is accessed, so regularly check MIAS if you are looking for vouchers. We know that for various reasons, such as international travel volatility, that not all people who currently have MIAS vouchers will use them. Vouchers are regularly released as they become available (i.e. if someone cancels their voucher).
Latest daily factsheet
Released at: 12/04/2021
Managed isolation allocations: 14 day forecast
As at 23:59 11 April 2021
|Current Rooms Allocated||2,291||86||204||82||538||3,201|
14-Day Peak Allocated 3,464
Managed Isolation Allocation System (MIAS) rooms allocated
Rooms in our managed isolation facilities are needed for 14 days. The below graph illustrates room allocation rates over the coming weeks. If the room allocation rate is projected to reach the operational capacity level in the next 14 days, no additional rooms can be allocated in the days leading up to this peak. See the explanatory notes above for further explanation.
Text version of MIAS rooms allocated
MIAS allocations overview - as at 08:00AM 12 APR 2021
Vouchers available to 26 April: +536*
Occupancy and returnee overview
Number of people currently in Managed Isolation facilities: 4,287
Number of people currently in Quarantine facilities: 174
Projected Returnees – Next 14 days: 4,617
Total number of people through MI & Q facilities since 26 March 2020: 131,339
Incident reports and key messages
This section reports on any incidents in the last 24 hours that present a potential or actual risk to public health and any key messages about MIQ.
12 APRIL 2021 – No incidents to report.
* There are a number of vouchers available over the next 14 days. Please visit the Managed Isolation Allocation System portal to see which days these vouchers are available. Some vouchers which would normally be released are not while the Pullman is operating at reduced levels. Vouchers set aside for Emergency Allocation and all currently allocated vouchers are not impacted by this decision.
Ministry of Health COVID-19 testing data
As at 23:59 11 April 2021
|Total number of tests conducted nationwide in the past 24 hours||2,738|
|Day 3 and Day 12 swabs together recorded in MI & Q facilities in the past 24 hours||650|
|Total confirmed cases identified at MI & Q facilities||872|
|Current active cases identified at MI & Q facilities||100|
This report reflects a snapshot at a point time from various operational data sources.
- MIQ daily update 12 April 2021 [PDF 577KB]
- MIQ daily update 11 April 2021 [PDF 499KB]
- MIQ daily update 10 April 2021 [PDF 501KB]
- MIQ daily update 9 April 2021 [PDF 565KB]
- MIQ daily update 8 April 2021 [PDF 497KB]
- MIQ daily update 7 April 2021 [PDF 499KB]
- MIQ daily update 1 April 2021 [PDF 579KB]
- MIQ daily update 31 March 2021 [PDF 501KB]
- MIQ daily update 30 March 2021 [PDF 504KB]
- MIQ daily update 29 March 2021 [PDF 563KB]
- MIQ daily update 28 March 2021 [PDF 573KB]
- MIQ daily update 27 March 2021 [PDF 571KB]
- MIQ daily update 26 March 2021 [PDF 576KB]
- MIQ daily update 25 March 2021 [PDF 497KB]
- MIQ daily update 24 March 2021 [PDF 574KB]
- MIQ daily update 23 March 2021 [PDF 580KB]
- MIQ daily update 22 March 2021 [PDF 577KB]
- MIQ daily update 21 March 2021 [PDF 573KB]
- MIQ daily update 20 March 2021 [PDF 574KB]
- MIQ daily update 19 March 2021 [PDF 498KB]