Managed isolation and quarantine data
Weekly data and statistics about managed isolation and quarantine in New Zealand.
MIQ is winding down which means data on this page is reducing.
MIQ voucher booking system to end, decommissioning of facilities underway(external link) — Managed isolation and quarantine
229,958 people have returned to NZ through MIQ since 26 March 2020
Reported as at 8AM Wednesday 29/06/2022
Managing COVID cases in our facilities
Returnees arriving in NZ and staying in facilities who have tested positive for COVID-19 are referred to as border cases. Some community cases who test positive for COVID-19 are transferred to our facilities and stay in quarantine.
- 0 border cases currently in quarantine facilities
- 0 community outbreak cases currently in quarantine facilities
Snapshot reported as at 8AM Wednesday 29/06/2022
Who is in our facilities?
Capacity in managed isolation and quarantine is measured in rooms rather than beds.
Managed isolation (returnees)
The actual number of rooms and occupants fluctuate daily. More information is available on our MIQ capacity and allocations page.
- 0 isolation rooms occupied
- 0 people currently in isolation
Quarantine (returnees, community and close contacts)
- 358 quarantine room total capacity
- less than or equal to 5 quarantine rooms occupied
- 0 people currently in quarantine
- 55 quarantine rooms in maintenance, cleaning or repair
- 299 quarantine rooms available
Close contacts (community)
Close contacts now occupy rooms alongside the positive case they are a close contact of. Because of this there is no longer capacity set aside to hold close contacts. The close contacts will be captured in the Quarantine (returnees, community and close contacts) section above as they are now utilizing quarantine capacity alongside their positive contact.