Māori Business Response Tāpoi
The Māori Business Response (MBR) Tāpoi programme is a New Zealand Māori Tourism (NZMT) initiative designed to provide tailored support to Māori tourism businesses as they recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
This includes helping businesses to determine whether they need to diversify, restructure or, in some cases, hibernate, sell or close.
The ultimate goal is to help Māori tourism businesses to survive.
To qualify for the MBR Tāpoi Programme, businesses must:
- Have been established prior to COVID-19 (before March 2020);
- Have a minimum of one Māori shareholder/owner; and
- Demonstrate that tourism made up/makes up a portion of revenue either via international or domestic visitors.
You do not need to be a NZMT member to qualify for this programme.
Types of services available include:
- Business advisory, continuity, forecasting and planning
- Accounting and financial services
- Compliance (risk and safety management/certification requirements)
- Specialist tourism advice
- Marketing, digital, design and communications services
- Health and wellbeing
- Back-office support.
You can register for NZMT’s MBR Tāpoi Programme here:
If you have any pātai, then please contact the team at:
Once registered, someone will be in contact within 24 hours to arrange a zui with an advisor to fully explore the support you require.