Tourism Communities: Support, Recovery and Re-set Plan
Business Advisory Support, Advice Implementation Grant, and Tourism Kick-start Fund
15 July 2021
The Business Advisory Support, Advice Implementation Grant, and Tourism Kick-start Fund initiatives (The Initiatives) of the Tourism Communities: Support, Recovery and Re-set Plan is on track to be accessible from the end of August 2021. The initiatives target businesses from the 5 communities most affected by the loss of international tourism: Queenstown Lakes District, Southland District, Kaikōura Distrcit, Mackenzie District, and Westland District.
The 3 initiatives are:
- $10 million for Business Advisory Support (up to $5,000 per business) to enable businesses to receive expert advice and support, such as whether to change their business to target a different market, down-scale their tourism business, or exit the market.
- $10 million in grants for businesses to implement the advice received through the Business Advisory Support fund, or satisfactory alternative provider (up to $5,000 per business).
- $49 million Tourism Kick-start Fund to help prepare existing tourism businesses for the return of international visitors. The grant will be calculated based on 2 weeks of pre-COVID-19 revenue set at 2 weeks of average revenue for 2019/20.
- If your revenue in 2019/20 financial year was $60,000-$260,000, you would receive $10,000.
- If your revenue in 2019/20 financial year was more than $260,000, you would receive 2 weeks revenue up to a maximum of $50,000.
A business must:
- Be physically based within at least 1 of the 5 communities: Queenstown Lakes District, Southland District, Kaikōura District, Mackenzie District, or Westland District.
- Be a GST registered business, or GST registered prior to COVID-19.
- Be a tourism business, which is defined as a business where at least 50% of its operational output is purchased by tourists (domestic or international), for example: Accommodation, Arts and Recreational Services, Food Services, Transport Services or Retail Trade. This can include service businesses whose output is purchased by tourism businesses.
- Not have received Strategic Tourism Assets Protection Programme funding.
And in addition for the Tourism Kick-start Fund:
- Have engaged in hibernation-like activities, for example: reduced opening hours, level of services, customers, or business capacity due to COVID-19. Compared to 2019/20 financial year, a business must have experienced a drop in annual revenue of at least 50%.
- Have a minimum annual revenue of $60,000 pre-COVID-19 (2019/20 and 2020/21 financial years)
July 2021 Update
Key activities we are progressing:
- Recruiting and training the people necessary to administer the initiatives (such as Growth Advisors, Administrators, Accounts Payable, and Risk and Assurance).
- Developing the systems and processes to run the initiatives, including application forms and guides.
- Confirming roles and responsibilities, reporting requirements, and funding agreements.
Organisations delivering the initiatives
We are calling the organisations delivering the initiatives our Lead Entities. Lead Entities have local knowledge and expertise. They have been agreed with the 5 districts. These are: ChristchurchNZ (for Kaikōura and Mackenzie Districts), Great South (for Southland District), Queenstown Lakes District Council (for Queenstown Lakes District), and Development West Coast (for Westland District). The Lead Entity role is to ensure a business receives the support needed for its individual and unique circumstances. Businesses will be able to have a conversation with Lead Entity Growth Advisors about what support is right for them across the three initiatives.
Register your interest
You can register your interest in the initiatives by contacting the Lead Entity responsible for your district from the contact information below:
|Lead Entities||District(s)||Contact information|
|Great South||Southland Districtfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Queenstown Lakes District Council||Queenstown Lakes District||New Regional Business Partners (RBP) customers, register here(external link)
Existing RBP customers register your interest at email@example.com
|Development West Coast||Westland Districtfirstname.lastname@example.org|