Statement of proposals for amending Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods June 2019 update
05 April 2019, 5pm
This is the second public consultation under the new biannual update programme.
Published: 11 Mar 2019
These proposals seek your views on some of the most significant changes to the building and construction system in 15 years. MBIE seeks written submissions by 5pm on 5 April 2019.
PDF, 1.5MB, 76 pages
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) seeks your views on proposals to amend the following Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods relating to Building Code clauses B1 Structure, B2 Durability, E2 External moisture, G4 Ventilation, G12 Water supplies and G13 Foul water:
- B1/VM1, B1/AS1
- G12/VM1, G12/AS1, G12/AS2
- G13/AS1, G13/VM2, G13/AS2, G13/AS3.
The most significant proposals are:
- introducing a means of testing claddings up to 25 metres in height
- requiring mechanical ventilation in certain areas in housing
- a non-specific design standard for light steel framing in low-rise buildings
- revoking Simple House Acceptable Solution and incorporating its information on expansive soils into Acceptable Solution B1/AS1.
Last updated: 11 March 2019