Draft Minerals and Petroleum Resource Strategy public consultation
20 September 2019, 5pm
Consultation on the Draft Minerals and Petroleum Resource Strategy is now closed.
Published: 27 Aug 2019
The Minerals and Petroleum Resource Strategy is a 10-year strategy that articulates the Government’s long term vision for the petroleum and minerals sector in New Zealand and supports the transition to a low emissions future and a productive, sustain...
PDF, 2.6MB, 42 pages
About the consultation
The Strategy will be used to inform a review of the Crown Minerals Act 1991. The review of the legislation is to ensure it is fit for purpose to meet the needs of all New Zealanders.
The Government is seeking your feedback on how New Zealand can sustainably derive value from its petroleum and minerals resources.
The Strategy sets the direction for the sector – there are no policy commitments.
The draft Strategy seeks your feedback on:
- Strategy vision, objectives and principles
- Modernising the Crown Minerals Act
- Securing affordable resources to meet our minerals and energy needs
- Improving Treaty partnership
- Improving community and stakeholder engagement
- Improving industry compliance
- Research and investment in better mining and resource use
Last updated: 20 September 2019