Building system reform: Proposals for regulations
11 June 2021, 5pm
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is consulting on proposals for regulations to support the Building (Building Products and Methods, Modular Components and Other Matters) Amendment Bill.
Published: 28 Apr 2021
Consultation document on proposals for regulations for Building Product Information Requirements, the modular component manufacturer certification scheme, and the product certification scheme. These regulations are required to support and implement t...
PDF, 3.6MB, 127 pages
Published: 28 Apr 2021
Submission form: Building Amendment Bill proposals for regulations for Building Product Information Requirements, the modular component manufacturer certification scheme, and the product certification scheme.
DOCX, 80KB, 14 pages
The building system reform work programme aims to lift performance of the regulatory system and drive better outcomes for the sector and for New Zealanders.
A high performing building and construction industry is crucial to New Zealand's economy and vital for delivering safe, healthy and durable buildings for everyone.
We’re now consulting on proposals for regulations to support the implementation of the Building (Building Products and Methods, Modular Components and Other Matters) Amendment Bill.
We’re making proposals for regulations that will create:
- New product information requirements to make sure basic information about building products and how to use them is available to users.
- A new voluntary modular component manufacturer scheme to make consenting more efficient for some manufacturers of homes and modular building components that are built off-site.
- A strengthened CodeMark scheme to build confidence in the scheme and to provide confidence that innovative building products and methods do comply with the Building Code.
This is a summary of the proposed changes only. Please refer to the discussion document for more detailed information.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to make a submission
You can share your feedback by:
- Filling out and sending us the editable submissions form, or
- Answering the questions from the submissions form in an email.
Please send your feedback to email@example.com by 5pm 11 June 2021.
Last updated: 28 April 2021