Current board vacancies
This page provides details of current vacancies for boards that we monitor on behalf of responsible ministers.
We are seeking expressions of interest for the board positions as set out below.
Accreditation Council | Member
Posted on: 29 September 2021
Application closes on: 17 October 2021
Location: Flexible location within Aotearoa
Category: Boards and Governance
Position Type: Ongoing — Part-time
On behalf of the Minister for Commerce and Consumer Affairs, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a Member of the Accreditation Council. The Accreditation Council (the Council) is an autonomous Crown entity established as a statutory body in 1972 under the then Testing Laboratory Registration Act 1972 and continues to fulfil its statutory functions today under the Standards and Accreditation Act 2015. It operates as a user funded autonomous Crown Entity under the Crown Entities Act 2004.
The Minister for Commerce and Consumer Affairs is seeking candidates who can provide a number of the following specific skills and experience:
- professional engineer – practising in construction, consulting or built environment related fields an advantage
- knowledge and experience of conformity assessment, or of the implementation of domestic and international standards
- strong finance background including audit and risk or senior commercial experience
- IT business systems implementation or change management
- governance experience.
The following competencies, skills and experiences would also be desirable:
- an understanding of Te Ao Māori and a strong connection to Māori business
- strong stakeholder management and stakeholder engagement skills
- experience in, and connection to, central government understanding of regulatory functions and powers including experience in a regulated industry or regulatory agency
- strong communication and relationship management skills, including working effectively with peers and developing strategic connections with industry, consumers and other stakeholders
- strong commercial skills including business development
- a clear sense of public accountability and understanding of the relationships between Government and Crown entities (including an appreciation of Crown entity accountability through statements of intent and performance reporting) and a commitment to improving outcomes for all New Zealanders.
This role is open to people in all regions of New Zealand.
Applications close on Sunday, 17 October 2021.
For enquiries about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.