Current board vacancies
This page provides details of current vacancies for boards that we monitor on behalf of responsible ministers.
We use the Treasury’s board appointment database to record applications for board positions. This means that if you apply for a position detailed below you will be directed to the Treasury board appointment web page.
The Treasury’s board appointment system allows you to:
- create a personal record using your RealMe profile
- upload your completed resume and cover letter
- self-nominate for the position under consideration.
On behalf of the responsible ministers, we are seeking expressions of interest for the board positions as set out below.
Search for new members of the Plumbers, Gastfitters and Drainlayers Board
Posted on: 9 July 2019
Application closes: 2 August 2019
Location: New Zealand
Category: Board and Governance
Position Type: Part-time
About the role
- Do you have experience in the plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying industries?
- Or do you have strong links with your local diverse community?
- Do you have an understanding of the registration and disciplinary functions of a regulatory board?
On behalf of the Minister for Building and Construction, the Ministry is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board in 2019. The Minister wishes to appoint a member who can add value to the Board.
If coming from the trade, candidates must also be a registered or entitled to be registered plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer.
Ideally, candidates will have some or all of the following:
- governance experience or an understanding of governance in a board environment
- someone who can connect and is involved with their local and diverse community
- the ability to develop and maintain effective relationship with colleagues, staff and other stakeholders
- be able to demonstrate a high level of financial understanding
- ability to bring a consumer/employee perspective to the Board
- knowledge and some skill of the industry
- awareness of emerging technologies.
Successful candidates must also be willing and available to devote time and energy to the role.
The Minister welcomes applicants who can bring diversity to the Board. In addition, the Government has set the target of ensuring half of all directors on state sector boards and committees are women by 2021.
Please note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the Board’s needs at this particular time.
After clicking the link, you can view a position description, as well as complete the expression of interest form, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For enquiries about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org