Current board vacancies
This page provides details of current vacancies for boards that we monitor on behalf of responsible ministers.
We are seeking expressions of interest for the board positions as set out below.
Joint Accreditation System Australia and New Zealand (government representative)
Posted on: 12 January 2022
Application closes on: 30 January 2022
On behalf of the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is searching for a skilled candidate as the New Zealand Government Representative to join the Board of the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ).
The government representative position provides an opportunity to contribute to the governance of this international quality infrastructure body and represent New Zealand interest. JAS-ANZ plays a significant role in trade and consumer protection by accrediting the competence and reliability of certification and inspection bodies against relevant standards or regulation.
The government representative will maintain a strong relationship with their Australian counterpart on the board. They will also work with and be supported by MBIE trade, standards and conformance policy officials in fulfilling their role.
At this time, the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs is seeking candidates who can provide a number of the following specific skills and experience:
- Senior public sector employee
- Knowledge of the role that accreditation plays in facilitating international trade
- Strong relationship management and an ability to develop valuable strategic connections with industry, consumers and other stakeholders on both sides of the Tasman
- Ability to provide represent a whole-of-government positions and interest
- A clear sense of public accountability and understanding of the relationships between governments.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Board requires at this particular time.
Applications close 30 January 2022.
For enquiries about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org