Budget 2022 - Innovation Programme for Tourism Recovery
Published: 19 May 2022
Today’s Budget announcement included the $54 million Innovation Programme for Tourism Recovery.
The programme is designed to help stimulate a shift towards a regenerative, low carbon, productive and innovative tourism sector as the sector rebuilds following the COVID-19 pandemic.
The programme will:
- support the transition of the tourism sector to a high wage, low carbon model
- deliver transformational outcomes for the tourism sector
- support a successful tourism recovery
- support the intended outcomes of long-term strategic initiatives such as the Tourism Industry Transformation Plan (ITP)
- be based on a sustainable, co-investment funding model
- complement and minimise duplication of existing initiatives and programmes.
Detailed policy design will be completed in the coming months. Read more about the programme on the Tourism Recovery section of the MBIE website.
MBIE media contact
Please note: This content will change over time and can go out of date.