This page has information to help you access content on the site, including documents.
We want to provide our information to everyone, so we aim to meet the following New Zealand Government standards:
- Web Accessibility Standard 1.1(external link) — digital.govt.nz
- Web Usability Standard 1.3(external link) — digital.govt.nz
Our website should work well on most modern desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones, and on all connection types.
We've included features to help you navigate without a mouse, including keyboard navigation and touch-friendly features for mobile.
Please contact us if you experience any problems using our website:
Help with documents and data
PDFs (Portable Document Format)
Some documents may only be available in PDF format. This is usually when:
- the information is released under the Official Information Act 1982, and the information was scanned or information was marked as withheld (redacted).
- the information is a bill, Supplementary Order Paper or Act which were not yet available on the Legislation New Zealand website in web page format.
Legislation New Zealand website(external link)
Most computers and mobile devices will open PDFs automatically.
If you don't have a PDF reader, download the free Adobe Reader application.
PDF Reader(external link) — Adobe
Some of our older PDF documents may not be optimised to be read with the Accessibility features of your operating system. If you require a specific document that is not accessible, contact us to request a printed copy for it.
Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Some of the documents on this website have been created using Microsoft Office.
If you don't have Microsoft Office, there are some free options to help you open them.
If you're using a laptop or desktop computer you can open them using online services like:
- Office 365(external link) — requires a free Microsoft account
- Google Drive(external link) — requires a free Google account
- Apache Open Office(external link) — a free open-source office software suite
- On a Mac you can use Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
If you're using a mobile phone or a tablet:
- Download Office apps on the Play Store for Android devices(external link)
- Download Office apps on the App Store for Apple devices(external link)
- Use Google Docs for both Android and Apple devices(external link)
Some spreadsheets and data on this site are in CSV (comma-separated values) format. CSV is a text-based, accessible format that can be used with a range of applications.
Some of the data that relates to our work can also be found on: