Funding information and opportunities
- Commercialisation Partner Network
- Catalyst Fund
- Endeavour Fund
- Envirolink Scheme
- National Science Challenges
- PreSeed Accelerator Fund
- Regional Research Institutes Initiative
- Strategic Science Investment Fund
- Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund
- Te Pūnaha Hiringa: Māori Innovation Fund
- Unlocking Curious Minds
- Investment funds
Unlocking Curious Minds
The Unlocking Curious Minds contestable fund supports innovative projects that will excite and engage New Zealanders, particularly young people, who have limited opportunities to be involved with science and technology.
The funding available
The fund offers 2 levels of grant: up to $30,000 for local projects, and up to $150,000 for regional or national projects.
The fund's objective
The objective of the fund is to support projects that use innovative and/or best-practice approaches to provide New Zealanders with more opportunities to learn about and engage with science and technology, by:
- funding education and community outreach initiatives that focus on science and technology
- broadening participants’ ability to engage with science and technology
- promoting the relevance of science and technology in their lives
- supporting them to engage in societal debate about science and technology issues facing the country.