- A Nation of Curious Minds – He Whenua Hihiri i te Mahara
- CREST Awards
- Hosting opportunity for the New Zealand Science Media Centre
- Participatory Science Platform
- Powering Potential programme
- Prime Minister's Science Prizes
- Rutherford Medal
- Science Media Centre
- Science Learning Hub
- Science Teaching Leadership Programme
- Talented School Students Travel Awards
- Unlocking Curious Minds contestable fund
- Curious Minds
The Rutherford Medal recognises preeminent research, scholarship or innovation.
The Rutherford Medal recognises preeminent research, scholarship or innovation by a person, or team, in any field of engineering, humanities, mathematics, sciences, social science, or technology. The associated prize of $100,000 is funded by MBIE and administered by the Royal Society Te Apārangi.
When awarding a Rutherford Medal, the Royal Society Te Apārangi will consider people, or teams, of distinction who are held in high public esteem in New Zealand. They will have demonstrated more than purely intellectual achievement within their discipline. Their contributions will have been recognised internationally as significantly advancing understanding of the field. Medallists will also have made a substantial contribution in New Zealand to the advancement and promotion of public awareness, knowledge and understanding of their field, and undertaken public service within their research, scholarly or innovation community and/or the wider community.
Rutherford Medal(external link) — Royal Society Te Apārangi