- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-China joint research partnerships 2020/2021
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-Singapore Data Science Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-Singapore Future Foods Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic - MethaneSAT atmospheric science project
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-China joint research partnerships 2019/2020
- Catalyst: Strategic – The Cyber Security Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic – Space 2019
- Catalyst: Strategic - NZ-Korea joint research partnership
- Catalyst Fund
Catalyst: Strategic – The Cyber Security Research Programme
A joint programme with Australia, with the aim to develop high quality research in cyber security and also to support the cyber security industry.
New Zealand Universities are working with Australian counterparts, coordinated by CSIRO’s Data61 Group on three cyber security projects. The University of Auckland’s Professor Giovanni Russello is coordinating the 3 New Zealand projects which have been funded to the value of $2 million each and will run to the beginning of 2023:
- Artificial Intelligence for Automating Response to Threats led by Professor Julian Jang-Jaccard of Massey University.
- Post-quantum cryptography led by Professor Steven Galbraith of the University of Auckland.
- Artificial intelligence for Human-Centric Security led by Dr Vimal Kumar of the University of Waikato.